Essential Facts About Carbon Monoxide
Carbon monoxide, more commonly known as the silent killer, can infiltrate a home without anyone expecting it. As a homeowner, you must be diligent in safeguarding your family against the damages carbon monoxide can cause. Keep these essential facts in mind:
- It is important that you have a carbon monoxide detector on each level of your home, preferably near each sleeping area. However, try to avoid placing them too close to sources of carbon monoxide to avoid false alarms.
- In order to save someone from carbon monoxide poisoning you must know the signs. The most common symptoms unfortunately mimic those of other sicknesses, so be on the lookout for headaches, dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath, and fatigue. More serious cases include confusion, vomiting, and unconsciousness.
- Most importantly, you must change the battery of your carbon monoxide detectors every six months. The only way your life saving devices can save you is if you equip them with a full charge.