Due to the many options provided by Obamacare, choosing the right health insurance coverage can be a challenge. Here are 10 tips that can help you get started.
1. Determine what you need in health coverage to include maternity care, care for pre-existing conditions, etc.
2. Check to see if your current plan is “grandfathered in” and if you need adjustments to your existing coverage.
3. If you’re changing plans, research your options carefully and choose the plan type that best meets your needs.
4. Compare plan features and costs to include monthly premiums, deductibles, co-payments and co-insurance.
5. Look for plans that include your favorite doctors in their network.
6. Review prescription coverage in the plan you choose.
7. Look for wellness incentives that help lower premiums.
8. Don’t be lured into a plan based on its advertised “freebies.”
9. Open an account for healthcare expenses.
10. Plan for the future. If you have concerns about being laid off your job, select an affordable plan that you can continue after your job is gone.
For help in selecting healthcare coverage in Texas, contact Pierce Insurance Group located in McKinney, TX, and get a quote today.