A well-stocked toolbox is an essential part of owning a vehicle.
Taking your car to your mechanic for every little issue you face can be very time consuming and expensive. While you don’t need to turn your garage into a mechanic shop, having the right tools and know-how can help save you a trip to the dealership for small issues.
When stocking up your car owner toolbox, make sure you have these essential tools.
- Socket set – a socket set will help you tighten or remove nuts and bolts of various sizes on your vehicle. Choose a set in ¼ inch, 3/8 inch, and ½ inch sizes with extensions to ensure that you can take on almost any issue that you encounter.
- Wrench set – if you don’t have enough room to maneuver a socket, a wrench will be your next best bet. Wrench sets will come in handy when tightening or loosening any bolts or nuts in the engine compartment where space is limited.
- Jack and jack stands – if you are working under your car, you want to make sure that it won’t fall on you. A quality jack and jack stands can give you the peace of mind and space you need to access any area of the undercarriage.
- Inspection light – a bright light can allow you to see any issues that need to be fixed. Consider choosing a light that can be mounted on your head so that both of your hands can be free to do any work.
- Lug wrench – in many cases, you will need to remove a tire to get to parts of your vehicles, such as the suspension and brakes. A good lug wrench will make the job much easier.
The most important tool that you can have to keep your car running its best is your auto insurance policy. Contact Pierce Insurance Group in McKinney, Texas for all of your car insurance needs.