Whip Up These Chicken Tacos
As the summer warms, you are on the hunt for ways to bring fresh, seasonal flavors to your dinner table. Fortunately, that does not mean you need to spend hours slaving away in the kitchen. Here is a delicious and easy recipe for chicken tacos with fresh mango and avocado salsa.
- 1 ½ teaspoons of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ground red pepper
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 4 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ½ cup of peeled mango, diced
- ½ cup of peeled and pitted avocado, diced
- ½ cup of tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup of onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of minced jalapeno
- 4 tortillas
Warm the olive oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high.
Combine the garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, ground red pepper, and ½ teaspoon of the salt in a bowl. Rub this mixture over the chicken, then cook the chicken in the skillet until done (about 4 minutes each side). Let cool for five minutes, then cut into slices.
Meanwhile, make the salsa by stirring together the mango, avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno, and remainder of the salt.
Warm your tortillas, then top them with the chicken and salsa and enjoy!
We hope you love this tasty recipe! For all of your Texas insurance needs, contact Pierce Insurance Group in McKinney today.