If you’re looking for a fast and simple summer recipe, this dish aims to delight!
This recipe only uses natural, flavorful ingredients to easily create the taste of a summer vegetable dish!
Corn and Vegetable Sauté
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (about 4)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh okra (about 4 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1)
- 1 finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat
- Add onions and garlic. Sauté for 1 minute
- Add okra. Sauté for 3 minutes
- Add bell pepper and jalapeño. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add sweetcorn. Cook for 5 minutes too
- Stir in beans and leave for 2 minutes
- Stir in cilantro, sprinkle salt and pepper, and serve in a bowl
To add a bit of protein to this meal, add cooked chicken, shrimp, or cubed tofu to the pan at the end, before plating.