Now, it has become entirely normal to serve drinks at weddings. However, it may lead to unfortunate incidents and related losses, thus spoiling the wedding vibes and rituals. One should consider buying liquor liability insurance for weddings to be prepared for any alcohol-related mishaps and claims.
Table of Contents
- What Is Liquor Liability Insurance for Weddings?
- Why Is Wedding Liquor Liability Insurance Crucial?
- Who Is Responsible for Alcohol-Related Claims at Weddings?
- How Much Will the Wedding Liquor Liability Insurance Cost?
- Plan Your Dream Wedding with Pierce Insurance!
What Is Liquor Liability Insurance for Weddings?
This liquor liability insurance is designed to cover alcohol-related consequences that occur at weddings. Alcohol-related issues create drama at the wedding and may cause financial losses or injuries to the organizers or other guests. You (the wedding host/organizer) will be liable for the resulting losses in such circumstances. If you have insurance, you don’t have to worry about the financial and legal consequences to third parties, as you will be covered against them.
What Does the Wedding Liquor Liability Insurance Pay for?
It pays for alcohol-related incidents that result in:
- Third-party bodily injuries
- Third-party property damage
Why Is Wedding Liquor Liability Insurance Crucial?
You may be thinking about whether liquor liability insurance is necessary for your wedding, as you will have a small, simple wedding at home, or you believe your relatives and friends would not take your family to court. Nevertheless, some things cannot be predicted. For example, if your friend/guest sustains a significant injury/loss, you cannot expect them to leave the issue as is and move on as if nothing has happened. This is why it is best to be prepared for the unexpected.
Here are some circumstances in which wedding liquor liability insurance will come to your rescue:
- Your friends could be well-versed dancers, but they may not dance properly with alcohol in their hands. They may spill something on the floor, and accidentally trip, injuring their hand/leg. In this case, your insurance will cover their medical expenses.
- Be it the wedding, everyone might wear expensive suits and elegant dresses. Still, alcohol-related incidents like smashed glasses or a broken table might spoil your guests’ outfits or their other properties, resulting in hefty bills. However, if you have insurance, it will cover them.
- If someone sues you in court for some unfortunate, alcohol-related reasons, your wedding liquor liability insurance will defend you, covering your legal expenses and court fees.
Who Is Responsible for Alcohol-Related Claims at Weddings?
Depending on the extent of the damage and claim amount, whoever could be held liable, including the waiter/bartender who serves alcohol to the victim, the business that hired them, the wedding planner or host, and even the bride/groom for allowing alcohol at their wedding?
However, with these tips, you can reduce alcohol-related issues at the wedding:
- Hire trained servers to avoid spills
- Serve limited alcohol free of cost and ask guests to pay if they exceed the limit
- Don’t serve hard liquor
- Offer snacks that help absorb alcohol
- Drop your guests at home to reduce accidents
How Much Will the Wedding Liquor Liability Insurance Cost?
It depends on the location, number of guests, and type of alcohol being served. However, on average, it may cost anywhere from $125-250.
With wedding liquor liability insurance in place, you can conduct a wedding with peace of mind knowing that you and your guests are covered.
Plan Your Dream Wedding with Pierce Insurance!
Looking to ensure that your wedding celebration is worry-free and protected from any potential claims related to alcohol? Look no further than Pierce Insurance Group. Our all-inclusive liquor liability insurance provides you with comprehensive coverage and peace of mind on your big day. Contact us today to get started.