While You’re Away, Do Not Let Hazards Play
It is that wonderful time of year when family and friends come together, but with the American family increasingly expanding many of us will take to the roads to connect with our loved ones. While you enjoy your wintertime travels, keep your home safe with this brief checklist.
- Set a timer for your outdoor lights, and considering setting one for an indoor light as well, to give the appearance the home is inhabited.
- Keep valuables (e.g. jewelry, important documents) in a secure location. Consider investing in a safe if you do not have one.
- Make sure all electronics are unplugged.
- Double check all locks and arm your security system. If you do not have a security system, you may want to think about putting one in. Not only will it keep your home safe, but it could help lower your homeowner’s insurance payments.
- Leave your spare key with a trusted friend, rather than outside.
Pierce Insurance Group, serving McKinney, Plano, Frisco, Allen, Carrollton, Richardson, and the rest of Texas, cares deeply about your safety. Contact us today to meet our professional, caring team and discuss the best coverage to keep you and your loved ones protected this holiday season and into the New Year.