Use these tips to help lower your overall stress levels.
With everything that you take on each day, it is almost impossible to not feel stressed. Letting stress take over your work life can let it leak into your personal life as well. To help reduce your stress from work and your whole life, keep these stress management tips in mind.
- Write things down – the more you try and remember, the more stressed you will be. Write down everything in your head, from tasks to ideas so that you don’t have to worry about forgetting it.
- Keep your to-do list short – having a daily, weekly, and monthly to-do list can help keep you focused and productive. Having a daily to-do list that is too long can have the opposite effect. Limit your daily list to just 3 items to reduce your stress.
- Ask questions – thinking you can read someone’s mind can lead to serious issues. If you have a question or don’t understand something, ask for clarification to ensure you don’t have to re-do the same task.
- Get ready at night – take 5 to 10 minutes to get ready for the next day the night before. Pack your lunch, get your gym clothes ready, and put everything in its spot. The less you have to worry about when you are running out the door in the morning, the less likely you will be to forget something important.
- Set boundaries – if you have tons to do, it can be easy to work every minute that you are awake. Setting boundaries, such as not working after 7 p.m., can help you stay productive and allow you to get the rest you need.
All of us at Pierce Insurance Group in McKinney, Texas would like to encourage you to try out these tips in your life to help lower your stress.