When you are moving, it is easy to overlook the changes that need to be made to your car insurance policy. Keep this checklist in mind to ensure that you have the right auto insurance when going through a move.
Two-months before moving:
- Coverage options. Look at the new coverage options that are available in the area you are moving to.
- Annual mileage. If your new home means a shorter commute, your insurance rates could drastically reduce.
- Cars and drivers on your policy. If you are moving in with a significant other, make sure to let your insurer know who will be driving your car.
One month before moving:
- Check transportation options. Make sure to make arrangement of how you are going to move your vehicle if you are moving a long distance. If you are shipping your vehicle, make sure the shipping company offers the right insurance to protect your vehicle from damage.
- Contact the DMV. If you are moving to a different state, contact the DMV to find out how long you have to get your new registration, plates, and driver’s license.
For all of your auto insurance needs in the McKinney, Texas area, contact Pierce Insurance Group.