Hosts, keep an eye on your Thanksgiving safety.
The kitchen is the heart of the home, especially on Thanksgiving when there is a festive feast being prepared! If your house is due to be bustling with people while you are cooking up a storm in the kitchen, review these fire prevention tips beforehand:
- Avoid wearing any loose or dangling clothing while cooking. (You can do a quick outfit change before sitting down to tuck into dinner!)
- Keep children and pets away from the stove and oven.
- Clear the floor of any toys, books or bags!
- Relocate flammable objects away from the cooker.
- Place knives out of the reach of children.
- Never leave children alone in a room with a lit candle.
- Test your smoke alarms! Replace batteries if necessary.
- Purchase a fire extinguisher to store in the kitchen.
- Don’t allow children to handle hot plates or hot liquids.
- Take extra caution if you are deep-frying your turkey!
Keep your home filled with fun and festivities rather than smoke and fire. During this day of many dishes and people, take extra time and caution when preparing the dinner and hosting Thanksgiving!
For the coverage that will protect your home and finances in the event of a fire, contact Pierce Insurance Group in McKinney, Texas for a quality homeowners insurance policy.