There are many simple and effective gardening tips and tricks you can use to make your garden grow brightly and healthily.
There are definitely challenges to gardening. You may think that in order to grow the best garden you need to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars on the best equipment and fertilizers, but that’s not entirely the case. There are simple and effective gardening tips you can use to help you plant your best garden.
- In order to remove the salt deposits from the bottom of your pots, make a solution with equal parts vinegar, rubbing alcohol, and water in a spray bottle. Spray the empty pot and scrub with a plastic brush. Make sure to rinse and let the pot dry before you plant anything.
- To have garden twine ready at a moment’s notice, all you need a is a ball of twine and a clay pot. Stick the ball in the pot and pull the end through the drainage hole. You’ll never go looking for twine again! (Except when you run out, of course.)
- Create natural labels using flat stones. Use the flatness of the stone to write the plant names with permanent marker and place them at or near the base of your plants.
- The next time you make boil or steam vegetables, don’t pour the broth down the drain. Use this water filled with vegetable nutrients to water your plants. Plants will respond incredibly well to this soup of nutrients.
- Control damping-off fungus using chamomile tea. This fungus attacks young seedlings without warning. Pour some of the tea around the base of the seedlings about once a week, or use it as a foliar spray.
We hope you use these gardening tips to help your garden grow lively and healthily!