Gardening doesn’t have to be difficult, especially with these 5 tips and tricks.
If your eyes are itchy, your nose is stuffy but also runny at the same time, and you’re sneezing every time you step outside, your body has definitely noticed that spring is in full swing. It’s not all bad, though! Vibrant colors, sweet smells, and lush foliage are some of the wonders that can be experienced when May comes to visit. To improve the quality of your garden, follow these gardening tips to make your garden the talk of the town.
Tips & Tricks
- Laying perpendicular pathways through your garden make getting from one place to another easier. Building these pathways out of brick or gravel will make them easily differentiable from your lawn.
- Everyone loves a high contrast. Paint your gardening fences, benches, and platforms a bright color such as white or magenta to contrast with the greens and brown of the garden.
- Plant in straight lines by using string or other markers to create straight lines. Our human brains really like seeing geometry in nature, so when they’re in full bloom you’ll appreciate the symmetry.
- Plant your useful plants close to the house. Things like your fruits and vegetables should be as close as possible so that you don’t have to walk all the way to the back of the garden just for a tomato.
- Plant vegetation that has more impact on your sensory organs. Thinks like mint, basil, rosemary, lavender, and other herbs all have different textures and fragrances that activate when you rub their leaves.
Your garden took a lot of hard work to grow and maintain. To have the peace of mind that you deserve when it comes to your garden and home, get in touch with your Pierce Insurance Group agent and contact us today for an all-encompassing homeowners insurance policy in McKinney, Texas.