Boating is the best way to enjoy the warm summer weather. Before hitting the water, make sure to keep these tips in mind to ensure you are operating your boat safely.
- Wear a life jacket. Not wearing a life jacket makes you 6 times more likely to drown in a boating accident.
- Do not drink and drive. Not only is drinking and driving a boat illegal, but one drink on the water is the equivalent of having three on the land.
- Plan your moves out. Boats cannot easily handle sudden maneuvers. Planning your moves in advance can help ensure that you only have to make small adjustments to stay safe.
- Install a kill switch. A kill switch attaches to the ignition and your wrist. If you are thrown out of the boat, or just out of position, the kill switch will turn off the boat so that it does not continue to drive without a driver.
- Use common sense. The best way to avoid collisions while on the boat is to use common sense, such as operating at a safe speed and looking for low water areas.
For all of your boat insurance needs in the McKinney, Texas area, contact Pierce Insurance Group.